Custom Service Notification

Hi all,

I’m new to Nagios but I’ve managed to get it up and running and monitoring my hosts and services. However, I want to be able to send a custom host/service notification for certain host or service problems. However when i click on “Send Custom Service Notification” I get to page where I enter the required fields and submit. All I get is a normal critical message but doesn’t contain the comment that I added on the fields. Does anyone know how to get this to work or know of an alternative?

I’m using Nagios 3.0 in a Fedora 8 box.

Thanks in advanced!

-V

hi,

i’m also experiencing the same issue. Please advise.

TIA!

Hi

Try adding $NOTIFICATIONCOMMENT$ to your host/service notify-by-email command objects
[blockquote]
$NOTIFICATIONCOMMENT$ A string containing the comment that was entered by the notification author. If the $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ macro is set to “DOWNTIMESTART” or “DOWNTIMEEND”, this will be the comment entered by the user who scheduled downtime for the host or service. If the $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ macro is “ACKNOWLEDGEMENT”, this will be the comment entered by the user who acknowledged the host or service problem. If the $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ macro is “CUSTOM”, this will be comment entered by the user who initated the custom host or service notification. [/blockquote] nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/macrolist.html

/HTH

/S

I had forgotten that I made this thread.

Sorry for the late reply but, I did exactly what Strides suggested. The downside (not a big one really) is that on a regular problem/recovery notification, the comment section will also display, except there won’t be a comment.

Like I said, not a big downside.