Here is the ps command output:
nagios 625 1 0 Mar 18 ? 0:40 /usr/local/nagios/sbin/nrpe -c /usr/local/nagios/etc/nrpe.cfg -d
nagios 6270 1 0 14:37:21 ? 0:00 /usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -d /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg
This is after a restart.
To note, this is also running on Solaris 9.
To make sure the apache configuration is working correctly, I put a perl script in the ./nagios/sbin directory (which the URL of ./nagios/cgi-bin points to) and that works fine.
I also have authorization (via .htaccess in ./nagios/sbin) set up so when I try to execute anything using the URL ./nagios/cgi-bin it asks for a valid userid and password, and that works fine as well.
However, I have set use_authentication=0 in cgi.cfg because setting it to 1 causes errors during the monitoring process. I don’t think this would cause problems with the UI, but I thought I’d mention it anyway.