Esensor plugin

Hi,

Anybody use esensor plugin with nagios 1.2? Im having some problem to get a data. When I run it, I got “UNKNOWN: Could not retrieve data from sensor”. Let me know if anybody ever use it.

Thank you in advance.

regards,
yonez

Never used it, but the error indicates the same thing that you would get if you tried to query using check_snmp and the device did not respond. It’s not that the device is down, just that it won’t give you any output. At that point, you should run the command by hand just to make sure that you can get some data back from the command.

Hi,

I event tried from command line. Still got the same error. I can query from web browser though. I wonder if something wrong with the plugin.

regards,
yonez

Hi,

Problem fixed. I have to edit the script since the script looking for temperature in fahrenheit. Instead I have set my unit in Celcius. If I set the unit to Default (F), I shouldnt get the problem.

regards,
Feroz

Hi,

Problem not fixed. Now I got different ouput. I can run it from command line but I got “no output” in nagios. hmmm weird. anybody any suggestion?

regards,
feroz

Hi,

Sorry guys. I forgot to restart nagios. everything is fine now.

regards,
feroz