Do you follow these steps belove?
**./configure --prefix=prefix --with-cgiurl=cgiurl --with-htmurl=htmurl --with-nagios-user=someuser --with-nagios-group=somegroup --with-command-group=cmdgroup
* Replace prefix with the installation directory that you created in the step above (default is /usr/local/nagios)
* Replace cgiurl with the actual url you will be using to access the CGIs (default is /nagios/cgi-bin). Do NOT append a slash at the end of the url.
* Replace htmurl with the actual url you will be using to access the HTML for the main interface and documentation (default is /nagios/)
* Replace someuser with the name of a user on your system that will be used for setting permissions on the installed files (default is nagios)
* Replace somegroup with the name of a group on your system that will be used for setting permissions on the installed files (default is nagios)
* Replace cmdgroup with the name of the group running the web server (default is nagios)
Compile Nagios and the CGIs with the following command:
Installing The Binaries And HTML Files
Install the binaries and HTML files (documentation and main web page) with the following command:
Installing An Init Script
If you wish, you can also install the sample init script to /etc/rc.d/init.d/nagios with the following command:
You may have to edit the init script to make sense with your particular OS and Nagios installation by editing paths, etc.