/etc subdir not there?

I installed Nagios without any errors but the only subdirectories I see under /usr/local/nagios are:

bin
sbin
var

I did not get errors during the installation (this link nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/installing.html) so I am not sure why it did this. I installed version nagios-2.0b2

Please help. I am also (assuming this is why) getting all 404’s in the mydomain.com/nagios pages after I login as admin.

Admittedly 2.0b2 doesn’t install much but it does put some sample files in /usr/local/nagios/etc that you can start with. Try copying the $nagios_src_dir/sample-config files to /usr/local/nagios/etc and modify them to match your system. Be sure to run /usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -v /usr/local/etc/nagios.cfg to verify your configuration and fix any errors prior to trying to start it up for real. There’s also some nice samples you can cut-n-paste-n-modify straight from the docs.

You have to intall plug-ing. only after that you’ll find subdirectory …/etc

Do you follow these steps belove?

**./configure --prefix=prefix --with-cgiurl=cgiurl --with-htmurl=htmurl --with-nagios-user=someuser --with-nagios-group=somegroup --with-command-group=cmdgroup
* Replace prefix with the installation directory that you created in the step above (default is /usr/local/nagios)
* Replace cgiurl with the actual url you will be using to access the CGIs (default is /nagios/cgi-bin). Do NOT append a slash at the end of the url.
* Replace htmurl with the actual url you will be using to access the HTML for the main interface and documentation (default is /nagios/)
* Replace someuser with the name of a user on your system that will be used for setting permissions on the installed files (default is nagios)
* Replace somegroup with the name of a group on your system that will be used for setting permissions on the installed files (default is nagios)
* Replace cmdgroup with the name of the group running the web server (default is nagios)

Compile Binaries

Compile Nagios and the CGIs with the following command:

make all

Installing The Binaries And HTML Files

Install the binaries and HTML files (documentation and main web page) with the following command:

make install

Installing An Init Script

If you wish, you can also install the sample init script to /etc/rc.d/init.d/nagios with the following command:

make install-init

You may have to edit the init script to make sense with your particular OS and Nagios installation by editing paths, etc.