Extended Info

Hey all.

New to the forums here but just had a quick question about extended information. I’ve been fiddling with this now for a bit but no matter what I try, nothing will appear on the status maps. I know I’m missing something but I can’t put my finger on it. Running v1.2 and no matter how many different images and coordinates I put for a host, it never changes from the standard status map.

I know once i
Any help is appreciated and let me know if there is other info that is needed.

Wow dunno how this got posted so many times. If a mod could delete the others I would appreciate it.

Thanks

When you view the status map, there is a selector box named “Layout Method:” in the top right of screen. click the drop down, and select “User-supplied coords”, then clik the UPdate button right next to it.

tried it and it came back with “you have not supplied and host drawing coord” I’ve setup a exthostinfo.cfg following the template-layout method and changed the cgi.cfg to use this file.

It’s probably not being used due to it failing a verify.
So verify it.
/usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -v /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg

It’s probably not being used due to it failing a verify.
So verify it.
/usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -v /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg

Try it with this layout. Just change somehostname to a real hostname. Do NOT put any other hosts/definitions in your file. The below should be THE ONLY ONE. Keep a copy of the one that you are making of course.

define hostextinfo {
host_name somehostname
icon_image unknown.gif
gd2_image
2d_coords 2370,1025

nope, nothign failed during pre-flight. No errors and or warnings. Is it possible that I’m missing a default folder that needs to get changed? I’m assuming it just can’t find the file.

edit: Tried your suggestion and again got the same response. To me it’s not even seeing the file hense my comment above.

nagios.cfg has definitions that state what files to use. This must match exactly the location/name of your file. My nagios.cfg has this:
/usr/local/nagios/etc/hostextinfo.cfg
Yours may and can be a different name/location.
It must have proper permissions.
Permissions are:
ls -la /usr/local/nagios/etc/hostextinfo.cfg
-rw-r–r-- 1 nagios nagios 39843 Apr 24 14:12 /usr/local/nagios/etc/hostextinfo.cfg

I suspect, that you have not defined the cfg file in nagios.cfg as I have done above.

Ahh that was the problem. It had been commented out of the nagios.cfg config for some reason.

It still doesn’t compile now but at least it’s seeing the file.