How to display warning + Nagios applet

I wrote a warning shell script in vi, that is fully functional in Terminal.

So how do I configure Nagios (where and what), so this shell script will open, when a error shows up whe we get it in Service detalils some warnings/eroors/unknown etc?

or how do I get Nagios to open anything on the screen on the computer where Nagios is installed, for warning that something is wrong with a host or service.

thanx,

bye,

matko

nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/ … dlers.html

thanx, I ovelokked that…:):slight_smile:

OK I tried this eventhandlers, but nothing happend, this just restarts the httpd (I used the script)…

I ment, how do I manage a pop-up windows or some program that would pop up on the screen as soon there is something wrong with a host or service?

and how about Nagios Applet, I’ve found some instructions but I don’t know how to use it or is the applet not functioning?
mattwork.potsdam.edu/projects/wi … ios_Applet

thanx

bye,

matko

If you want shell notification you could write shell script and put it as eventhandler. The shell script could use wall command to send the message to all currently logged users on your Linux machine.

I don’t know if you’re using some kind of GUI. For KDE maybe this:
nagiosexchange.org/Notificat … nagext_pi1[p_view]=203

As for Nagios Applet, I don’t know, haven’t tried it. Do you have all dependencies required by the Applet?

hello

OK, I’ve somehow managed the wall funcion - it’s great, that was the thing I was looking for too

otherwise, you can write a script like staleservice.sh and define the command to execute it…

thanx for all the help…

bye