How to set your own coordinates

How do you set your own coordinates for the statusmap in nagios? I cant find it in the documentation anywhere?

Anyone Know?

Thanks
Andy

Hi

You use the object variables in the host object definition
[blockquote]
define host{

2d_coords x_coord,y_coord
3d_coords x_coord,y_coord,z_coord

}
2d_coords: This variable is used to define coordinates to use when drawing the host in the statusmap CGI. Coordinates should be given in positive integers, as they correspond to physical pixels in the generated image. The origin for drawing (0,0) is in the upper left hand corner of the image and extends in the positive x direction (to the right) along the top of the image and in the positive y direction (down) along the left hand side of the image. For reference, the size of the icons drawn is usually about 40x40 pixels (text takes a little extra space). The coordinates you specify here are for the upper left hand corner of the host icon that is drawn. Note: Don’t worry about what the maximum x and y coordinates that you can use are. The CGI will automatically calculate the maximum dimensions of the image it creates based on the largest x and y coordinates you specify.
3d_coords: This variable is used to define coordinates to use when drawing the host in the statuswrl CGI. Coordinates can be positive or negative real numbers. The origin for drawing is (0.0,0.0,0.0). For reference, the size of the host cubes drawn is 0.5 units on each side (text takes a little more space). The coordinates you specify here are used as the center of the host cube.
[/blockquote] nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/ … .html#host

I also here of a plugin called nagiosmap but I’ve not used it…

HTH

/S

Thanks for telling me about the coordinates.
Is there a way to increase the map area? I have loads of switches,routers and servers to monitor and they all can fit in but you cannot read it.

If there’s too much info to fit on one screen, then I reckon you’d probably need something like ‘nagiosgraph’ there… I think you can then organise your maps into situations that you can like ‘drill down’ into, say by country/building/branch/area/commsroom/rack or whatever. Might be the way forward, I’m thinking of doing something like that myself as my current map is just a total mess.

I have looked at nagiosgraph and I have had loads of problems installing it. Mostly is because I have no clue why it isnt working properly, is there any easy guides?
I used this guide and had problems, files missing etc.
novell.com/coolsolutions/feature/19843.html

I have VERY little linux knowledge.

Thanks
Andy

refer to this post:
meulie.net/portal_plugins/fo … .php?12205

it may help you :slight_smile: (or not ^^ if not, just ask specific questions)

Yea, that was my post lol.
All I really want is to get the status map working properly like on the live demo
nagios.demo.netways.de/nagios/cg … i?host=all
username: guest
password: guest

oups :slight_smile:
my mistake ^^