Installing nagios-plugins-1.4.5

Hi,

I am installing nagios-plugins-1.4.5 and stuck in the ‘make’ command:

bash-3.00# make && make install
make all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory /export/home/user1/nagios-plugins-1.4.5' Making all in lib make[2]: Entering directory/export/home/user1/nagios-plugins-1.4.5/lib’
make all-recursive
make[3]: Entering directory /export/home/user1/nagios-plugins-1.4.5/lib' Making all in tests make[4]: Entering directory/export/home/user1/nagios-plugins-1.4.5/lib/tests’
make[4]: Nothing to be done for all'. make[4]: Leaving directory/export/home/user1/nagios-plugins-1.4.5/lib/tests’
make[4]: Entering directory /export/home/user1/nagios-plugins-1.4.5/lib' rm -f libcoreutils.a false cru libcoreutils.a cloexec.o full-read.o full-write.o safe-read.o safe-write.o xalloc-die.o error.o basename.o c-strtod.o c-strtold.o exitfail.o open-safer.o creat-safer.o fsusage.o getopt.o getopt1.o mountlist.o regex.o dup-safer.o fd-safer.o pipe-safer.o xmalloc.o make[4]: *** [libcoreutils.a] Error 1 make[4]: Leaving directory/export/home/user1/nagios-plugins-1.4.5/lib’
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory /export/home/user1/nagios-plugins-1.4.5/lib' make[2]: *** [all] Error 2 make[2]: Leaving directory/export/home/user1/nagios-plugins-1.4.5/lib’
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/export/home/user1/nagios-plugins-1.4.5’
make: *** [all] Error 2

Can you please help in this??
thanks bunches.

I added /usr/ccs/bin/ to the PATH and run configure again. Things are better but I am still getting errors at the end:

ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to check_http
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [check_http] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory /export/home/user1/nagios-plugins-1.4.5/plugins' make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory/export/home/user1/nagios-plugins-1.4.5’
make: *** [all] Error 2

My suggestion is to run ./configure again, and pay very close attention to all the output. Look at all the items it complains about and try to resolve those issues before running make.

Melanie, if you still have problems with this set of plugins try version 1.4.0
I had similar issues and it is because of certain libraries so i reverted back to v1.4.0 and i was a happy man