KVM/Virt Opportunity at Red Hat

Hello all,
I’ve got a really awesome role opening here at Red Hat. The description can be found below, and this position has the ability to work remotely.

If you’re intersted in this, please e-mail me (Adam McCormick) at [email protected] and reference the job (Req: 37694) in the subject.

Engineering is at the core of Red Hat. Red Hat engineers drive the direction, design, and implementation of our industry-leading technology by working in the upstream community and bringing that to the enterprise. As a Red Hat engineer, you have the chance to work with some of the best and brightest in open source to help define and expand the capabilities of our core products.

Red Hat has a very strong interest in making virtualization more reliable and efficient by leading the way for new advancements of KVM, the heart and soul of our virtualization technologies. Our kernel and user-level KVM team is global with members in over 10 countries working together to bring features, performance, and scalability to virtualization efforts in both the x86 and ARM hardware spaces. Among our KVM team are the co-maintainers of the upstream KVM community as well as many other talented people who are passionate about open source and collaboration.

This role is all about innovation, not about maintaining what we’ve already done. Red Hat is looking to grow the boundaries of what is possible in virtualization and virtual machines. You’ll help redefine CPU limits, going over 256 cores, and scaling virtual machine memory to sizes greater then 4 TB. This role requires working with the upstream community as well as the Red Hat Enterprise Linux downstream to make the core of KVM and virtualization stronger and more scalable. We’re looking for someone with low-level virtualization and hypervisor experience, be it proprietary or open source. Other good candidates are those with general kernel-level experience within Linux outside of the realm of virtualization.

A plus for this role is experience with ARM architecture, as we’re looking to grow virtualization abilities there and help bring ARM and 64 bit ARM into the enterprise. You’ll be helping to lead the way and define what the next generation of virtualization in the enterprise means.

Red Hat is paving the way for the future of virtualization and KVM. Come help us break the barriers of virtual machines and take the enterprise to the next level with ARM. Engineers with the kind of knowledge and experience we need can work anywhere, but they choose Red Hat because here they can make a direct and lasting difference in the technology they care about.

Come prepared to have an impact.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their responses/interest.

So you’re aware, this position has been filled.

I wil do my best to keep you guys in-the-know for any other similar roles opening up if you’d like.

Cheers,
Adam McCormick

[email protected]