[moved] Forum issues

Firefox is randomly having troubles connecting the meulie.net server. It happens randomly, and can happen no matter what I’m doing; posting a comment, returning the forum, etc…

Haven’t tried with IE 'cause I don’t much care for it. Anybody else having trouble with on Firefox or any other browser?

What happens in Firefox when you are NOT able to connect successfully?

I’m seeing the same thing in safari and firefox both on mac. Sometimes the page will come up, sometimes it will completely time-out, and sometimes it will come up but without the css stylesheet.

-mike

[quote=“evert”]What happens in Firefox when you are NOT able to connect successfully?

[/quote]

I get an error stating the Firefox was unable to connect to the meulie server. This hasn’t happened today, though, so it might’ve just been a temporary deal. My desktop had been doing weird things 'cause it’s been a while since I shut it down, but I restarted it when I left work today and things are running more smoothly.

[EDIT:] I get a timeout error…just got it again. Here’s the text on the page:

The connection has timed out
The server at www.meulie.net is taking too long to respond.
* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network
connection.
* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Clicking the Try Again button works fine, though, and even when I get caught with the timeout when submitting a reply/edit to a post, I don’t need to retype anything.

Edited Thu Jan 05 2006, 06:03PM ]

Hmm, it just happened to me as well! :-/

And a bit too quick to be an actual timeout. Weird… I’ll investigate by my hosting provider. 8)