Nagios Core 3.3.1 has just been released and can be downloaded from:
Thanks to all the contributors who helped with some nice code and fixes!
Changelog is below.
- Ethan Galstad
3.3.1 - 07/25/2011
* Added support for same host service dependencies with servicegroups (Mathieu Gagné)
* Empty hostgroups referenced from services now optionally generate a warning instead of an error.
* Documentation links now point to online resources
* Matt Wall's Exfoliation theme is now installed by default. You can reinstall the classic theme with "make install-classicui"
* Downtime delete commands made "distributable" by deleting by host group name, host name or start time/comment (Opsview team)
* Allow status.cgi to order by "host urgency" (Jochen Bern)
* Added news items and quick links to main splash page
* Added ability to authenticate to CGIs using contactgroup name (Stephen Gran)
* Fixes status.cgi when called with no parameters, where host should be set to all if none specified (Michael Friedrich)
* Fixes possible validation error with empty hostgroups/servicegroups (Sven-Göran Bergh)
* Performance-data handling and checking is now thread-safe so long as embedded perl is not used.
* Children should no longer hang on mutex locks held in parent for localtime() (and similar) calls.
* Debug logging is now properly serialized, using soft-locking with a timeout of 150 milliseconds to avoid multiple threads competing for the privilege to write debug info.
* Fixed extraneous alerts for services when host is down
* Fixed incorrect parsing of multi-line host check results (Jochen Bern)
* Fixed bug with passive host checks being incorrectly sent to event brokers as active checks
* Fixed bug where passive host check status updates were not being propagated to event brokers
* Reverted 'Fix for retaining host display name and alias, as well as service display name' as configuration information stored incorrectly over a reload
* Fixed compile warnings for size_t (Michael Friedrich)
* Fixed problem where acknowledgements were getting reset when a hard state change occurred
* Removed duplicated unlinks for check result files with multiple results
* Fixed race condition on flexible downtime commands when duration not set or zero (Michael Friedrich)
* Fixed flexible downtime on service hard state change doesn't get triggered/activated (Michael Friedrich)
* Fixed XSS vulnerability in config.cgi and statusmap.cgi (Stefan Schurtz)
* Fixed segfault when sending host notifications (Michael Friedrich)
* Fixed bug where unauthorized contacts could issue hostgroup and servicegroup commands (Sven Nierlein)
Nagios-announce mailing list
lists.sourceforge.net/lists/lis ... s-announce