Nagios Core 4.0.8 has just been released and can be downloaded from nagios.org/download
This version of Nagios Core incorporates many improvements, notably:
- JSON API output is better aligned with the standard, and output size limits have been lifted.
- Check scheduling has been modified to prevent bunching checks at the start of their timeperiod
- Auto-rescheduling of checks has been reimplemented. This can be enabled by setting auto_reschedule_checks=1 in nagios.cfg, and adjusted by setting auto_rescheduling_interval and auto_rescheduling_window as described in the Core 4 Documentation: http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/nagioscore/4/en/configmain.html#auto_reschedule_checks.
Auto-rescheduling smoothes the check schedule as it changes over time, and together with the previous improvements, helps to give a more uniform system load.
- Core workers handle variable assignments at the start of simple commands that otherwise don’t require a subshell, eliminating the need for most uses of env.
Thanks to all who reported bugs, contributed patches, and helped test the updated code. The Changelog is below.
4.0.8 - 08/12/2014
- Removed 8 kB string size limitation in JSON CGIs (Eric Stanley)
- Re-implemented auto-rescheduling of checks (Eric Mislivec)
- Avoid bunching of checks delayed due to timeperiod constraints (Eric Stanley)
- Limit the number of autocalculated core workers to not spawn too many on large systems (Eric Mislivec, Janice Singh)
- Removed quotes from numeric duration values in JSON CGIs (Eric Stanley)
- Fixed escaping in JSON CGIs so all required characters are escaped, and in the correct order (Eric Stanley)
- Fixed segfault in archive JSON CGI when plugin output was empty (Eric Stanley)
- Fixed several possibilities for buffer overflow (Eric Mislivec, Dirkjan Bussink)
- Fixed Tracker #582, #626: Handle VAR=VAL assignments at the start of simple commands (Eric Mislivec, Phil Randal)
- Fixed Tracker #630: Recognize ‘<’ and ‘>’ as redirection operators (Eric Mislivec)
- Corrected worker communication protocol documentation (Phil Mayers)
- Fixed init script to leave config test log in a better location, let sysconfig override init script variables, and not remove nagios.cmd when attempting to start with another instance running (Eric Mislivec, Robin Kearney)
- Fixed Tracker #361: Downtime notifications not displayed properly (Andrew Widdersheim)
Nagios-announce mailing list