Nagios is not working

Hi all,

I’m a new nagios user. Well my problem is this:

I’m not the nagios administrator, so I have not used nagios before, but the administrator is on vacation and it get some error.

I know something about linux, mysql and php. I checked Apache, mysql, php, GD library, JPGraph and they are working ok.

I used this command: # nagios -v /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg
And it showed it’s ok, 0 errors

The problem is nagios is not showing any graph about the servers and any statistic. I need your help in order to troubleshoot the system, please let me know some sugestions.

Thanks in advance

I know apache and mysql are working because the services are up. The graphs libraries are working property because I did a test with a php program and it did a draw using the libraries. Finally when I check nagios status with nagios -v /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg it showed zero erros.

nagios -v /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg will only show you if there are problems with the config files. That doesn’t start nagios, it doesn’t check nagios’ status. All it does is VERIFY the .cfg files and that is all.

To see if nagios is running, ps -ef|grep nagios or /etc/rc.d/init.d/nagios status
To see your graphs, you have to go to the nagios website and look at the service you are interested in.
localhost/nagios
Then clik on Service Detail
then clik on the service you would like to see.
If you are using nagiostat for your graphs, then there will be a link in this service detail named “There Are Additional
Notes For This Service…”

as it looks like the system was running and is now down while the admin is on vacation i’d first try a check on disk partitions space… ossibly some log filled up…

Luca