NDOUtils Problems

I have been working and searching for the last 2 days trying to get NDOUtils working.

I have a working Nagios installation on a server running Fedora 9 with NDOUtils working without a problem. I am trying to move my installation to a different server (more space, memory, cpu, etc…) however I can not get NDOUtils to work. I have tried the 1.3.1 version (which is running fine on the Fedora machine) and I have tried 1.4b7 to no avail.

The new machine is running CentOS 5.2 64-bit. Nagios is running fine on this machine. I have exported/imported all my data from the old machine (including the database) to the new server. I have verified that I can manually connect to and run queries against the database on the new machine with the credentials that I have set up for nagios. I have checked and re-checked that I entered those values correctly in the ndo2db.cfg file. Here is that file (no commented lines):

ndo2db_user=nagios ndo2db_group=nagios socket_type=unix socket_name=/usr/local/nagios/var/ndo.sock db_servertype=mysql db_host=localhost db_port=3306 db_name=nagios db_prefix=nagios_ db_user=nagios db_pass=******* max_timedevents_age=1440 max_systemcommands_age=10080 max_servicechecks_age=10080 max_hostchecks_age=10080 max_eventhandlers_age=44640

I have checked and double checked that I have the “broker_module” variable set in the ‘nagios.cfg’ file and that “event_broker_options” is set to -1.

The source compiles fine. I copy the binaries (ndomod and ndo2db) to the /bin/ directory and the config files (ndomod.cfg and ndo2db.cfg) to the /etc/ directory.

The problem comes in when I try to start the ndo2db daemon running:

[root@localhost etc]# /usr/local/nagios/bin/ndo2db -c /usr/local/nagios/etc/ndo2db.cfg Error processing config file '/usr/local/nagios/etc/ndo2db.cfg'. [root@localhost etc]#

I’ve tried running as user ‘root’ and as user ‘nagios’. Neither works; I get the same error. The other thing I have tried is making sure that the owner and group for the config file is ‘nagios:nagios’.

If anyone has any ideas, I would be most grateful. If you need more specific info, please let me know.
Thanks in advance,

Scott