Network Monitoring

Can experts in this forum help me understand/confirm, if Nagios can monitor Wireless Access Points (WAP) / WLAN devices from Aruba. Also is there a list of products (LAN/WAP) that it currently supports?

Appreciate your help.

Orion NPM enables you to quickly detect, diagnose, and resolve network outages and performance issues. It offers network-centric views that are designed to deliver the critical information you need most.

Download a free trial & discover how SolarWinds flagship network monitoring software
simply manages networks of all sizes.Orion Network Performance Monitor (NPM) delivers powerful fault & performance management at an affordable price. and also Discover how SolarWinds Orion Network Performance Monitor (NPM) simply manages networks of all sizes with expandable modules & scalability engines.It Monitors and analyzes real-time, in-depth, network performance statistics for routers, switches, wireless access points, servers, and any other SNMP-enabled devices.

The answer is yes. Someone correct me if I am wrong but I think snmp is the most useful protocal for that kind of products. (I am an application guy myself).

I not sure if there is a list. If you want to use snmp you need to check the device spec if it is supported.

I guess the best approach is to compile a list of what protocols most of the device support and then go from there.