I am installing Nagios NRPE daemon on a Solaris OS10 (Unix) machine. Since I am new to Unix environment, please provide as much detail to help me going in the right direction.
I am providing as much detail that i can. Listed as follows:
- Installing nagios-plugins-1.4.14
- Unix OS - Solaris OS 10 running on Sun Sparc hardware
- Followed the NRPE documention on the install
- Installed Sun Studio 12 with C compiler
- Path mapped to /opt/SUNWspro/bin using export
Stuck at ./configure
The last few lines of output message is as follows:
[quote]checking for a sed that does not truncate output… /usr/bin/sed
checking for non-GNU ld… no
configure: error: no acceptable ld found in $PATH
My initial assumption was the PATH, but that was set already. (export PATH="/bin:/opt/SUNWspro/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/local/bin")
Are there other packages I need to install for Unix?
What is ld? I did a find command on “ld” but there are multiple ld listed. Can someone tell me if I need to map all the ld directories?
Or is this entirely different issue relating to missing package? Any help is appreciated, thanks! :?: