NRPE SSL connection errors

I have two servers I am monitoring with NRPE 2.0. One works, one does not and I’m running out of ideas of configuration settings that must not be the same to have this happen:

root@nagioshost # ./check_nrpe -H servera -c check_apache
OK - 12 processes running with UID = 155 (apache)
root@nagioshost # ./check_nrpe -H serverb -c check_apache
CHECK_NRPE: Error - Could not complete SSL handshake.

nagioshost, servera and serverb are all Solaris 9.
nagioshost is running nagios 1.2, check_nrpe 2.0
I have confirmed with ldd that NRPE is compiled with SSL support.
servera & serverb both have copies of the same NRPE 2.0 binary.
servera & serverb both have the SSL libraries that the NRPE binary was compiled against
servera & serverb both have /usr/local/nagios/etc/nrpe.cfg owned by nagios:nagios and chmod’d 644
servera & serverb both have “nrpe 5666/tcp #NRPE” in /etc/services
servera & serverb both have “*.nrpe . 0 0 49152 0 LISTEN” in netstat -a|grep nrpe
servera & serverb both have “nrpe stream tcp nowait nagios /usr/sfw/sbin/tcpd /usr/local/nagios/bin/nrpe -c /usr/local/nagios/etc/nrpe.cfg -i” in /etc/inetd.conf

Here’s the difference:
if I telnet from nagioshost to servera on port 5666 (from nrpe.cfg) I can count to 20 and when I enter some text followed by enter, servera closes the connection
if I telnet from nagioshost to serverb on port 5666 (from nrpe.cfg) I can only count to 5 before serverb closes the connection. If I repeat the task from nagioshost to serverb and start typing as soon as prompted serverb will close the connection in the middle of typing.

So i think what is happening is that the connection is closing before the SSL handshake is completed or the NRPE handoff to a local command. How do I figure out what in serverb is closing the connection so fast?

even i am trying to do in solaris 9 could you please help how to configure NRPE in solaris 9 i have compiled NRPE successfuly next i don’t know how to start nrpe daemon do i need to enter in inetd.conf file and create a link in rc3.d please help me

[html] First, read How To Ask Questions The Smart Way, This will help you far more on the internet that just this one case. Second start by asking your question in your own thread since your problem is no where related to mine. [/html]