[poll] Stable 1.3 vs. 2.0b5

Hi,

I’m currently using Nagios 1.3 to monitor a network of about 250 office PC’s and 40 servers. I’d like to upgrade to Nagios 2.0, but I don’t know if it’s stable and reliable enough.

What are your experiences with Nagios 2.0b5? Is it stable and reliable or does it still need a lot of work?

Kind regards,
Maarten

Not having any problems anymore here on 2.0b4… YMMV :wink:

Luca

EDIT: an addition… not having any problems… BUT i have a “watchdog” script running against blocking check_snmp threads which sometimes occured… search for “nagios hanging” in the forum for more info…

Keep on stable if you want it stable

And the latest devel is 2.0b6 :wink:

Edited Thu Dec 01 2005, 09:22AM ]

I’ve got 2.0b5 running for testing purposes. The nagios.org website says a stable 2 version may be released before the end of the year, so I’d wait if you’re installing it in a corporate environment.

Thank you for your reply.
I’m working for this company until the end of januari, so I guess I could wait, but it will be a close finish… :roll: Anyone else got any experience with this?

Kind regards,
Maarten

install 1.3 and leave it. If they want an upgrade later they can hire you back :smiley:

Luca

[quote=“luca”]install 1.3 and leave it. If they want an upgrade later they can hire you back :smiley:

Luca[/quote]

Haha, why didn’t I think of that… :slight_smile: