Possible bug in statusmap.cgi?

I upgraded from nagios 2.x to 3.2 on a Suse 10 install back a while ago and had an issue where the statusmap displays

Address:..*.*State:UpStatus Information:PING OK - Packet loss = 0%, RTA = 3.60 msState Duration: 1d 9h 12m 5sLast Status Check:09-10-2008 18:22:56Last State Change:09-09-2008 09:14:01Parent Host(s):extreme-switchImmediate Child Hosts:0
Services:

• 4 ok
    ",event)’ onMouseOut=‘hidePopup()’>

The stars show a real host ip that is configured in nagios. This text is on the webpage itself and not in the popups. The popup functionality still works and displays the correct data. If I check the box to suppress popups it goes away, but I like having the popup functionality turned on. I have tried lots of things in the statusmap.c file to no avail. I am not sure if the issue could be in the write_host_popup_text section of the code or in the part that actually does the printf to display the popup. Any help would be appreciated. I have also upgraded from 3.2 to 3.3 and the problem is still there.

bump

bump

What exactly are you trying to do? I don’t quite understand your problem. Pls, be more specific.

All this text is showing on the page as well as in the popup box on the statusmap cgi. It should not be displayed on the page. Just wondering what could be causing it to display. It is displaying in both ie and firefox.

Address:..*.*State:UpStatus Information:PING OK - Packet loss = 0%, RTA = 3.60 msState Duration: 1d 9h 12m 5sLast Status Check:09-10-2008 18:22:56Last State Change:09-09-2008 09:14:01Parent Host(s):extreme-switchImmediate Child Hosts:0
Services:

• 4 ok
    ",event)’ onMouseOut=‘hidePopup()’>

Is it just displaying the garbage information for the one host? If I had to take a stab at it I would say that there is some spurios character like a " or a ) or a > in the hostname that x.x.x.x belongs to and that is throwing the browser out of whack :shock: - you should be able to confirm the problem by examining the source code of the webpage and comparing the code given for x.x.x.x to another… just a thought.

HTH

/S

I found the problem, my alias on that host was either too long or a comma in one of the words was causing a buffer overflow. I was’nt aware of a character limit on the alias and it was’nt overly long. I think it was around 30 characters in the alias.