Problem compiling NRPE 2.12 on Solaris 9

Hi all,

Wheile compiling NRPE on Solaris 9 I’m experiencing the error below. Any idea on how I can resolve this?

gcc -g -O2 -I/usr/local/ssl/include/openssl -I/usr/local/ssl/include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -c snprintf.c
gcc -g -O2 -I/usr/local/ssl/include/openssl -I/usr/local/ssl/include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -o nrpe nrpe.c utils.c -L/usr/local/ssl/lib -lssl -lcrypto -lnsl -lsocket ./snprintf.o -liberty
nrpe.c: In function main': nrpe.c:244: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast Undefined first referenced symbol in file get_dh512 /var/tmp//ccBiZBpG.o ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to nrpe collect2: ld returned 1 exit status *** Error code 1 make: Fatal error: Command failed for targetnrpe’

Sorry, I have no idea on how to cleanly solve this problem…
BUT:
is your network secured ? Are you on a LAN ? are your supervision infos sensitive, or you wouldn’t really care if someone was seeing them ?
=> meaning: do you really need SSL ?

if you don’t really need it, I’d advise you to compile without it (option --disable-SSL when launching ./configure , from memory) => you’ll avoid a lot of errors/problems AND it should compile (it should; I’m not sure your error comes from SSL, but it seems to be :))

Hi, Thanks for the reply. Regular security scans are run in the environment and it is something which may be detected. I know if I disable SSL that I’ll be asked to enable it again knowing my luck. I’ll use a test server to test the compile without SSL to see how it works anyway

Hi,
I was able to resolve this by updating the ssl library search path
Thanks
crle -l /usr/local/ssl/lib -u