Problems w/ Nagios Config (Monarch)

Hi,

I just set up nagios, and really like the system …

but …

the Config is a major PITA …

Looking through the web and trying out some programs, I decided to take a better look at Monarch, which seems to work pretty well except for a couple minor flaws I already found (0.95d, informed the folks about the problems already).

Anyway, Nagios works fine with the sample localhost entry, which is checked nicely. I tried adding other hosts, but just can’t get Nagios to do anything with them except show them on the overview map. There, all the status popup says that it can’t find any information on the host. What am I missing?

# this works define host { host_name localhost alias Localhost address 127.0.0.1 use generic-host contact_groups admin } # this doesn't (x.x.x is a regular IP of course ;) ) define host { host_name web4 alias webserver alt address x.x.x.28 use generic-host contact_groups admin }

Services have been configured and show up equally in the services.cfg … both entries are members in the same hostgroup …

:?:

Fixed the basic problem - the process id wasn’t stored at the place the init script was expecting it at … therefore, nagios wasn’t actually restarted …