Problems with Host Detail page display

Hi guys!!
I have added all the hosts and services and they appear to be runing fine. If I click on the traffic light next to each host, it opens the services page displaying the green OK. However, I don’t understand why on the main Host Details page I have a pending status for all my devices except the Localhost.
Is there an additional configuration that I need to add for the Host Detail page to display the green OK sign instead of the PENDING sign?
Please help me as I don’t see any documentation of this anywhere.
The machines are not locally on my network but remote, but I have added the diferent public services and some of them the plugin to monitor cpu, processes etc from my main nagios machine.
Please check the screenshot.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks much,
Teo

Hi Teo,

please try the following for any host… Click on one Host who has Status Pending and click on the “Re-schedule the next check of this host”.

Which Template have you use for you external hosts? You know, that you defined that under “use” in the define_host Directive.
But this “use” directive is not mandatory… You can define all commands under the define_host directive.
If you have use a standard Template like linux-server, windows-server… make sure that in the File timeperiods.cfg a Entrance for the Periods “24x7” exist.

If there is no Entrance for this Periode, use this:

define timeperiod{
timeperiod_name 24x7
alias 24 Hours A Day, 7 Days A Week
sunday 00:00-24:00
monday 00:00-24:00
tuesday 00:00-24:00
wednesday 00:00-24:00
thursday 00:00-24:00
friday 00:00-24:00
saturday 00:00-24:00
}

And if you use your own Template, make sure that you have defined the Host Check Directives…

check_period 24x7 ; By default, Windows servers are monitored round the clock
check_interval 5 ; Actively check the server every 5 minutes
retry_interval 1 ; Schedule host check retries at 1 minute intervals

Try this…

Many Greetings
Marc

I’m using the linux-server template.
Also I fixed it by adding the check_host_alive or something like that. Just added it to every host and their status changed to OK.

Thanks so much for your help! :slight_smile: