Return code of 139 is out of bounds when checking d on windows


#1

Hi,
I’m using nagios v. 3.0rc1 and nsclient++ 0.3.0.1 rc and am receiving an error on one of my hosts. When running check_nt!USEDDISKSPACE !-l d -w 80 -c 90 nagios web interface shows "Return code of 139 is out of bounds ". however, the c: drive space shows up correctly.

I’ve tried manually running the commands from the command line:
[nagios@host libexec]$ pwd
/usr/local/nagios/libexec
[nagios@host libexec]$ ./check_nt -H -p 12489 -s -v USEDDISKSPACE -l c -w 80 -c 90
c:\ - total: 12.00 Gb - used: 7.43 Gb (62%) - free 4.57 Gb (38%) | ‘c:\ Used space’=7.43Gb;9.60;10.80;0.00;12.00
[nagios@host libexec]$ ./check_nt -H -p 12489 -s -v USEDDISKSPACE -l d -w 80 -c 90
d:\ - total: 56.20 Gb - used: 34.26 Gb (61%) - free 21.93 Gb (39%) | ‘d:\ Used Space’=34.26Gb;44.96;50.58;0.00;56.20

both return valid info from what I can see, but when nagios performs the check i am returned the error listed above. Can anyone explain what may be happening? D: is a valid second drive on the system as you can see above.

Thanks for any help you can give,
Alex


(Return code of 139 is out of bounds)
#2

Hi Cookal,

Don’t know if you got it figured out yet, but I had the same problem on a win2k3-server. C drive was giving return code of 139 out of bounds, while the other drives were ok.
What did I do then?
I just changed my warning and critical value with +1, so if it was like -w 90 -c95, I changed it to -w 91 -c96
And it works again. You can change it back to the old values, still works.
Hope it works for you!

Grtz,

Goldie


#3

Cookal,

Restarting the NSclient++ service on the cli


#4

No luck yet. Same error and tried the restart service and changing the values.
4 drives to chec (c,d,e and f) and only c is OK, others with error 139


#5

I’m having exactly the same issue. In my case, it’s the E: drive on one particular server. Works fine across multiple drives on other servers. Nagios reports, “(Return code of 139 is out of bounds)”. Ran check_nt directly, and here’s the result:

[root@esglxit01 libexec]# ./check_nt -H asgw3ex01 -v USEDDISKSPACE -p 12489 -l c -w 90 -c 95
c:\ - total: 19.53 Gb - used: 11.65 Gb (60%) - free 7.88 Gb (40%) | ‘c:\ Used Space’=11.65Gb;17.58;18.56;0.00;19.53

[root@esglxit01 libexec]# ./check_nt -H asgw3ex01 -v USEDDISKSPACE -p 12489 -l e -w 90 -c 95
e:\ - total: 273.45 Gb - used: 259.96 Gb (95%) - free 13.49 Gb (5%) | ‘e:\ Used Space’=259.96Gb;246.11;259.78;0.00;273.45

In the above example, the C: drive reports fine, but the E: reports the out of bounds error. Both are using the same version and config file on NSClient++, and the Nagios config file for that server uses identical settings for C: and E:. I’ve tried shifting the 90% and 95% to 91% and 96%, I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled NSClient++, and still no joy.

Is there a bug submission system for Nagios? Since the result from NSClient++ is basically identical, I’m assuming that the bug is in Nagios or in the plugin.

Thanks.

Tim


#6

It seems a bit embarrassing now, but I found the main problem with my server was that in the server’s config file in Nagios, I had set the ip address wrong. The ip was for a server that was running the client, but didn’t have the extra drive, so of course it was returning an error. Once I had figured out the ip address problem, reporting on that drive was fine. I’m not sure how you have your configs set up, Tim, but I have mine divided into separate folders to keep them organized according to their role in our infrastructure and I’m parsing the entire folder, so I accidentally copied the original file without making the necessary IP change in it. Don’t know if t his will help, but I hope it does.


#7

My God, I’m such a moron. I checked and, sure enough, it still had the IP address of the server whose configuration I copied. I changed the IP to the correct one, and it’s working great now. Thanks again; I’ve been tearing my hair out over this.

Tim