Root access needed

Hi all
I am getting the following error when i see my host status
what can i do for it.wht is the problem?my plugin is check_fping and its ownership is root root.

Thanks

How do you configure nagios? It works as what user?if you followed step by step all official documentation nagios works as nagios user and group so you can change the owner of file.

Hi
I am loggong into nagios as nagiosadmin.
I have followed evry step.
check_fping is an additional plugin i have installed.
also i encountered same err when i tried check_icmp(this is also addon plugins and not default).
I searched in google abt this but didnt get as to wht changes i hav to do.

Thanks
Aparna

Sincerely I verify mi configuration and my check_XX are ownre by root. However every user of my host can run and read these file. I have these right 755 for nearly every check_XXX file.
Yuo can change right to your file with chmod command .
for example:
to add executor right to every users to check_file write
chmod o+x check_file

to remove right above write:
chmod o-x check_file

or you can use numeric option with 3 digit format

chmod 755 check_file

It’s not who you are logged in to nagios but to your server and what user are when you’re running ping and fping. If they are owned by root and root only and you are running nagios as user nagios you will not be able to execute commands because user nagios is not proviliged to use ping and fping binaries

Don’t get me wrong but reading a couple of your threads back I get to see that you have a problem with understading permitions under NIXes. Read something about that and everything will be a lot easier :wink:

[quote=“Aparna”]Hi all
I am getting the following error when i see my host status
what can i do for it.wht is the problem?my plugin is check_fping and its ownership is root root.

Thanks
[/quote]

Following error? What error?
all libexec files should be user/group nagios.nagios, not root.root.
Use chown and chgrp to fix them please.