Service escalation template

Hello I am on the turn configuring serviceescalations for our services here on the company.
But I ran into some problems, I can’t get them to work as they should, the escalations don’t work at all.
Instead of waiting for “first notification” it just skips this and sends notify to all escalations on the first notification.
I am new to both Nagios and especially escalations, what I am trying to do is to create a template for serviceescalation1 and 2 and the call them with “use serviceescalation1” in the real serviceescalation options.
Here is the configs:

Templates, first generic that we use on almost all services and then the serviceescalation templates.

# generic service template definition
define service{
        name                            test-generic-service ; The 'name' of this service template
        active_checks_enabled           1       ; Active service checks are enabled
        passive_checks_enabled          1       ; Passive service checks are enabled/accepted
        parallelize_check               1       ; Active service checks should be parallelized (disabling this can lead to major performance problems)
        obsess_over_service             1       ; We should obsess over this service (if necessary)
        check_freshness                 0       ; Default is to NOT check service 'freshness'
        notifications_enabled           1       ; Service notifications are enabled
        event_handler_enabled           1       ; Service event handler is enabled
        flap_detection_enabled          1       ; Flap detection is enabled
        failure_prediction_enabled      1       ; Failure prediction is enabled
        process_perf_data               1       ; Process performance data
        retain_status_information       1       ; Retain status information across program restarts
        retain_nonstatus_information    1       ; Retain non-status information across program restarts
        notification_interval           15      ; Every 15 minutes
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        max_check_attempts              3
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        contact_groups                  oncall,daytime,admins
        register                        0       ; DONT REGISTER THIS DEFINITION - ITS NOT A REAL SERVICE, JUST A TEMPLATE!
}

# generic escalation1 template definition
define serviceescalation{
        name                            test-service-escalation1
        first_notification              2
        last_notification               3
        notification_interval           15
        escalation_options              w,u,c,r
        contact_groups                  oncall,oncall-escalation1,daytime,admins
        register                        0 ; DONT REGISTER THIS DEFINITION - ITS NOT A REAL SERVICE, JUST A TEMPLATE!
}

# generic escalation2 template definition
        name                            test-service-escalation2
        first_notification              4
        last_notification               10
        notification_interval           15
        escalation_options              w,u,c,r
        contact_groups                  oncall,oncall-escalation1,oncall-escalation2,daytime,admins
        register                        0 ; DONT REGISTER THIS DEFINITION - ITS NOT A REAL SERVICE, JUST A TEMPLATE!
}

Here is a typical service definition and the escalations for it:

define service{
    host_name               sdm02
    service_description     Database Mapping
    use                     test-generic-service
    check_command           check_dbmapping
    check_interval          15
    max_check_attempts      3
    retry_check_interval    2
}

service_description    Database Mapping
    use                    test-service-escalation1
}

service_description    Database Mapping
    use                    test-service-escalation2
}

# DBMapping command
define command{
    command_name    check_dbmapping
    command_line    $USER1$/check_dbmapping.sh
}

I am not sure that it’s possible to use a template for the escalations, the reason for using it is of course that it is less text to read in the definitions.
All help is very welcome!

Edit:
I noticed now that it was only a one time thing that it send notifications to all escalations, now it doesn’t send them at all.
The only notifications that is send is the one defined in the generic-service.

Best Regards,
Andreas Andersson

Anyone got any ideas?

/Andreas