Topography question

I have services monitored our computers. The services list expands the 4-5 line maximum that is listed in nagios. Anyone have any idea how to expand the 3 line maximum so all my services can be listed on that page?

this is a copy/paste of the list and how it just abruptly stops.

check_nt_services

OK 	12-29-2005 11:43:26 	0d 0h 53m 34s 	1/4 	plugplay: Started - policyagent: Started - eventlog: Started - dnscache: Started - trkwks: Started - browser: Started - eventsystem: Started - wuauserv: Started - lanmanworkstation: Started - winmgmt: Started - lmhosts: Started - schedule: Started - SENS: Started - samss: Started - seclogon: Started - remoteregistry: Started - rpcss: Started - 

Edited ]

In utils.c in your source code for nagios, find the following:

/******************************************************************/
/************************ DAEMON FUNCTIONS ************************/
/******************************************************************/

int daemon_init(void){
pid_t pid=-1;
int pidno;
int lockfile;
int val=0;
char buf[256];
struct flock lock;
char temp_buffer[MAX_INPUT_BUFFER];

Perhaps the char buf[256] is what you need to change and then recompile everything and install again. I don’t know c code so this is only a guess. BTW, why not count the # of characters? It looks to me that it’s just about 256 characters before it quits, but I’m not about to count that far for you.

The easier solution would be to make it 2 checks, instead of one.

Thats cool that you found that. I am almost curious enough to change it and recompile nagios to see if it works.

However, I thought of the making two checks thing but editing all my config files just to do that seemed crazy. So I was happy with turning off SHOWALL and just having the list say “xx processes are OK” or whatever. If I ever need to see the services listed I can just cat the checkcommands.cfg file.

Thanks a lot!
-Cale

I pasted your output into a vi file and it looks like 387 characters, so darn, that might not do it.

Edited Fri Dec 30 2005, 11:20PM ]

hmm… I took
Started - policyagent: Started - eventlog: Started - dnscache: Started - trkwks: Started - browser: Started - eventsystem: Started - wuauserv: Started - lanmanworkstation: Started - winmgmt: Started - lmhosts: Started - schedule: Started - SENS: Started - samss: Started - seclogon: Started - remoteregistry: Started - rpcss: Started -

only out of it… I put it into a word doc and it showed 50 word count even. It was like 286 characters or so. Maybe the 50 word count has something to do with it.

286 is the count of characters with all of the spaces removed. It’s still not the number I thought it would be.
Still, would be much easier to split this check into 2 pieces than to recompile the code even if we did know exactly what to change in the source files.