- I have RPMs build with CONFIG_DEBUG_FS=y CONFIG_GCOV_KERNEL=y.
- I have lustre RPMs with appropriate CFLAGS and LDFLAGS
- but when I boot this kernel on KVM guest I am getting PANIC (I can attach the console logs)
kernel panic attempted to kill init !
- Increasing the guest memory
- disabling selinux, acpi=off
- re-creating initrd image, OR using the earlier working initrd image
- “stripping down” kernel image size
but nothing seems to help.
- please note, the kernels with out gcov support boot w/o any issues
- patch-less kernels work
- I have collected the serial_console logs. I can attach those here.
“The interesting part is the same RPMs are installed on VBOX or Vmware guests w/o any issues but not on KVM guest”
- Details about the KVM
Compiled against library: libvirt 0.10.2
Using library: libvirt 0.10.2
Using API: QEMU 0.10.2
Running hypervisor: QEMU 0.12.1
Sorry to cross post, i had posted this on ltp-coverage@sourceforge. But I am still stuck with the issue.
Let me know, if you I should post more info or anything that should be tried.
Appreciate your time.
Thanks in advance