Using check_nt

Hi all,

I’m trying to use check_nt with the NSClient service to tell me the current user load on our website. I know something’s up, because it’s telling me that there are no current connections, when I know for a fact that there should be a couple of thousand. I’m using the command line:

check_nt -H server’s IP addr -v COUNTER -l “\Web Service\Current Connections”

When I run it (manually, as I can’t see any point in setting up a service check command until I’ve got it working from the command line), it returns “0”. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

try escaping the backslashes with another backslash :slight_smile:

hmm i just noticed the forum doesn’t like double backslashes… did you use single or doubles?

Ciao, Luca
Edited Fri May 13 2005, 02:35AM ]

[quote=“luca”]try escaping the backslashes with another backslash :slight_smile:

hmm i just noticed the forum doesn’t like double backslashes… did you use single or doubles?

Ciao, Luca
[/quote]

I used doubles, but meulie’s forum engine appears to reduce them to singles. I’ve actually found out what the problem is since I posted - you need to specify which instance of the web service you want to poll, so the completed command line would be:

check_nt -H server’s IP addr -v COUNTER -l “\Web Service(Default Web Site)\Current Connections”

(except with double backslashes).

Cheers,
NM2

uh… looks much like a problem i had some time ago… sorry didn’t remeber that…

Luca